Monday, September 28, 2015

Full moon, Red moon, Lunar Eclipse, Breathe!

This was yesterday morning, Sunday the 27 of 2015. 



 The sun was beginning its ascent before the clouds took over.  It was an overcast day, which was actually perfect for a day at the beach.  The water was really nice and it seemed like the tide was high to me, but my husband observed that it was not.  I had forgotten that it was the big day of the " full moon, harvest moon, super moon, and totaleclipse of the moon—this one has it all. ..." 

Actually I'm not even sure if it's over, lol. Anyway, I needed a day away from it all. It felt good to be somewhere that I didnt have to "do" something except breathe. Sometimes we need that reminder; to breathe. I realized a long time ago while working at another job in a galaxy far, far away, that I hold my breathe alot. I remember trying to balance the days receipts and get the safe open to deposit it all and feeling totally overwhelmed. There were a ton of things to do before you closed up the store and I was a rookie. Everything came with a threat or warning, like "Don't EVER do that or THIS will happen!" or " If you forget to do this, you can get FIRED". So, there I was sitting on the floor, trying to get the damn safe to click open. I heard one of the cashiers from behind me say, "Theresa, BREATHE".
 Wow! I hadn't realized that I was holding my breath the more frustrated I got. I never thought about the process of breathing with all the important stuff we have to do. That ah-hah moment has been a constant reminder to me that when things are not going right, I'm probably holding my breath and cutting oxygen off to my brain! So, whatever this amazing moon phenomenon will bring with it, I will breathe. Breathe in the ocean air, breathe in love and kindness. Breathe in thankfulness that I CAN breathe.
Serendipitously, I found this meme on FaceBook the same day I wrote this article.

Here's my amazing shot of the moon before I went to bed. Don't hold your breathe gazing at it's beauty!




No comments:

Insurance 101

I recently took a three week course in Property and Casualty Insurance.  It was a rough 3 weeks crammed with more information then a pers...